Sign up to find when new images are added.
10 MORE Ways To Use Photographs
To Promote Your Business
My first article received such good feedback that I decided to make a sequel, and here it is.
Photographs are one of the most powerful marketing tools that a business can use to grab a prospective client’s attention. They allow a business to present a strong message to customers that no other media is able to do. They can get an idea across to clients faster than any other form of advertising. There’s no reading, hunting for a key phrase, scanning a bulleted list or trying to figure out the message. And most people can recall a memorable photograph for days, or even months, after seeing it. That sounds like pretty good marketing to me.
Images can be presented in an almost unlimited number of ways, depending on the image and how you want to connect with your clients. Any surface that can be printed on, have a sheet of paper or plastic attached to it, or that has a LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) or LED (Light Emitting Diode) screen, can display a photograph.
You can use images to perform many functions, including:
- Convey an idea or emotion
- Answer a question or create one
- Let people know about current and new products and services
- Escape into some form of fantasy, whether it’s an adventure into space or a tropical vacation
Here are ten great ways to use photographs to promote your business and increase revenue. Let your imagination run wild when thinking of ways to promote your business with photographs.
- T-shirts – These make great advertising pieces. People like to wear T-shirts, and they have a huge surface area where you can put photos and text. They also last for years, which lets your image be seen for a very long time. Give T-shirts to employees and their families, pass them out at events, sell them as fundraisers for a nonprofit and distribute them any other way you can think of.
- Cards – You can have cards created for you, or you can print them with card stock sold at office supply stores. If you do it yourself, be sure to use a good quality printer. Use them for thank you notes to clients, and for birthdays and anniversaries. They are also good for various holidays or to announce a new product or service you are offering.
- Screensavers and wallpaper – With some creativity and knowledge of graphic design, you can create wallpaper and screensavers that people will want to have on their computer. There are many resources online that tell you how you can do this yourself, or you can hire a programmer to do it for you. When done well, clients will see your images over and over again.
- Coffee mugs – Who doesn’t like a good coffee mug? You can design artwork that shows on one side of the mug, or wraps around both sides. The most popular mugs are ceramic, but they can have high shipping costs due to their weight. Lightweight insulated plastic mugs can have your image printed on them, or inserts can be put in them to show your images. Give them to clients, pass them out at events, give them to visitors who come into your lobby, use them as prizes for contests and pass them out any other way you can think of.
- Scratch pads and sticky notes – Everyone uses pads and sticky notes, and since they run out you can keep passing them out, with new images and new marketing messages. Remember that images on pads and notes will be faint, so people can see what they write on them, so don’t use images that have fine details on them.
- Photography contest – If you don’t have your own images, let people supply them for you. Have a themed photography contest based on your products or services. Or have a photography contest based on your company’s mission. You could also have a contest to raise funds for a local nonprofit organization.
- Banners – Banners can be a few feet wide for use at tradeshows and conventions, or large enough to hang from the front of your building. Choose the photographs you want to use carefully because people will be driving or walking by the banner quickly, so will only see it for a second or two. The photograph you choose should really grab a person’s attention, either with bright colors or a very interesting image.
- Free standing displays - Along with, or instead of, a banner you can have freestanding displays with images that show your business at its best. To get an idea of the options available, check out www.ExhibitExpertsAZ.com.
- Billboards – As with banners, people only see a billboard for a second or two, so choose your image carefully. But on a busy highway, thousands of people could see your image every day. Many modern billboards use LED technology, which creates beautiful images.
- Car wraps – These are great as you can put photographs, graphics and text onto your company vehicles. You cannot only cover the car body, but the windows too. It makes a great movable advertising tool that works wherever your vehicle drives or parks. Just be sure that the person driving the car is a safe and courteous driver. A bad driver can create a lot of ill will for a company.
If you're interested in photography, stock images of Arizona and Fine Art Prints of Arizona, visit www.TheCreativesCorner.com